Every now and then I find myself using a word that really annoys me when other people use it! I’ve tried hard to banish what I consider overused marketing words from my website, my speaking and my blogging. But sometimes it’s really difficult to find the perfect alternate word that has the same meaning or even sounds right to me.
If you’re an entrepreneur like me and want always to be fresh and be inspiring to your ideal clients or customers, you may be grappling with the same challenge (oops! challenge is one of those words!).
So, here is my list of the top 10 overused marketing words – the ones I really want to stop using – and some pretty good substitutes I’ve uncovered.
- Resonate – vibrate, reverberate, ring true
- Authentic – true, genuine, real, pure, bonafide
- Heart-centered – compassionate, soul-centered, empathetic
- Guru – authority, leader, specialist, expert, leader
- Transform – change, convert, remodel,
- Copy – verbiage, text, content, wording
- Leverage – influence, exploit, take advantage of, clout
- Holistic – full, complete
- Struggling – grappling, wrestling
- Challenge – test, attempt, try
I bet there are some overused marketing words that drive you crazy, too! I’d love to add more (and alternatives) to my list. Scroll down to the comments section below to add yours. And thanks for reading!
Give me 30 mins and I’ll give you a tip about your ideal client (or customer) that will make a difference in your business right now. Click here to schedule.