LinkedIn is a super powerful platform for B2B companies, yet most businesses are only scratching the surface of how to use it for marketing. But hey, we’re busy! But here’s a secret you may not know: when you use LinkedIn for blogging you can reach a lot of people who you are connected with, but who may have never seen your content.
So here’s a way you can easily take advantage of LinkedIn’s enormous reach without spending a lot of time or energy: re-post your blogs on LinkedIn’s publishing platform.
It’s easy and it’s free! When you do this, your post will be shared in the news feed and most of your connections will get a notification and a link to your post. That’s a huge boost for your visibility, especially because a big percentage of your LinkedIn connections may not be on your email list. Another bonus? Your posts also become part of your professional profile on LinkedIn which is a nice way to build your credibility.
When you use LinkedIn for blogging you must:
1. Use a striking image (see below for a list of places to get free photos).
2. Add Hashtags so that members can find your post when searching that keyword or phrase.
3. Make sure your post is super-easy to read. If you’re cutting and pasting, the spacing on LinkedIn can get a little wonky. Your best bet is to first copy and paste into a text editor. And of course, triple check it before you publish.
4. Always, always, always! include a link to your website either within your post or at the end!
5. Share the original post as an update to your connections. You can’t control who will see your post on the publishing platform when you use LinkedIn for blogging, so for the best bang for your buck, share it again as an update.
Gonna try it?
Here’s a quick rundown of how to use LinkedIn for blogging:
1. Log into your LinkedIn account.
2. In the upper center of the page click the “Write an Article” button, which will bring you to the writing tool.
3. Click the plus sign at the top to add your photo.
4. Then add your headline and article body.
5. Click “publish” at the top right. A box will pop up and this is where you can add the appropriate hashtags and see a preview of how your article will look. Once it looks good, click “publish” again.
6. Now one last step: go back to your home page on LinkedIn. In the upper center of the page click the “Share an Update” button. Copy and paste your post title and the link into the box and then click “share”.
7. Congrats – you did it!
With all the great content on the web that competes with yours for visibility, it’s important to take advantage of all the platforms you can. Using LinkedIn for blogging is a great way to expand your reach.
Power Tip: Want your posts to be seen both on and off LinkedIn? Check your settings and be sure your public profile visibility is set to “everyone”.
Here’s where you can get images: A Huge List of Places to Get Free Photos for Your Blog