This is the second in a series about how the Mobile Web, mobile user behavior, mobile websites, and mobile devices are changing the ways businesses communicate with their customers and vice versa. You can read the first blog here: The Mobile Web: 10 Incredible Facts Your Probably Didn’t Know.
10 Incredible Facts About The Mobile Web
1) Adults spend more time on mobile devices than newspapers & magazines combined
2) Within 2 years, over 80% of US cell phone subscribers will be using smartphones
3) More than half, 53%, of smartphone searchers make a purchase because of a search they conducted on their mobile device
4) 41% of smartphone users have made a purchase from their mobile phone
5) Smartphones & tablet computers will explode mobile Web traffic causing it to grow 26-fold over the next four years
6) 75% of emails are opened while 60% of Facebook posts and 90% of tweets are all sent from a mobile device
7) 58% of mobile users expect sites to load as quickly as or faster than desktop sites, usually abandoning a site that doesn’t load within 4-5 seconds
8) 53% of American consumers use their smartphones to access search engines at least once a day
9) 95% of smartphone users have their mobile device to look for local information about a business. After accessing local information about a business on their smartphone, 61% of people called a business, 59% visited a business, and 58% looked up a business on a map or got directions
10) 70% of mobile searches act within an hour, only 30% of PC searchers do
Mobile, undoubtedly, is the next frontier of online marketing. Smartphones and tablets are now commonplace and personal usage on these devices continues to skyrocket.
Are you excited or anxious about this new opportunity for your business, what are your fears when it comes to mobile, or has your business proved successful in the mobile realm?
Image Source: Google