One Great Tip: For Blog Posts Your Ideal Customers Will Love
If you write a blog for your business, there’s a good chance that you sometimes get stumped trying to think of a topic. But, you may not realize you already have a steady stream of great blog topics right at your fingertips.
They are nestled in your conversations with your ideal customers and clients. Try this:
- Think of a client or customer you wish you could clone. It should be someone who saw immediate value in what you offer and is willing and able to pay you for it (without a discount!).
- In your head, re-run your initial conversations with this person. If you kept notes, pull them out. See if you can identify what he or she said that indicated not only that they need you but they believe in their heart that it is a smart investment to work with you.
- While you re-run the conversations and peruse your notes, try to identify what you said that got buying signals (a nod, repeating something you said, or, “I’m in!”)
- Next time you meet with an (ideal) prospect, try to write down precisely what he or she says during the course of your conversation – verbatim. And what you said that got buying signals.
If your prospect doesn’t mind, it’s super helpful to record the conversation. Here’s what to say so you avoid sounding creepy: “I want to be sure I don’t miss anything that could be important if we end up working together. I won’t share it with anyone.” (This usually works.)
- Keep a record of these conversations in a special notebook or somewhere on your computer where you can find them. Then when you’re ready to write a blog, voilá, you will discover a ton of ideas.
The most effective blog posts (people read them) are ones that answer a question that’s whirling in your ideal prospect’s head – a question you are the expert to answer. It could even be something they’re gonna Google – (and don’t you want your content to be right there when they do?).
Try it! You’ll never be at a loss to think of a blog topic that will resonate with your ideal customers and clients again.
Wanna learn more about this method? Check out: How To Turn Buying Signals Into Website Copy
Free Offer – Set up a quick 30-min call with me and I’ll give you a tip about your ideal customers that you never thought of before! Schedule below:
Leave a Comment