Many of you have upgraded your Facebook Business Page prior to the automatic update on March 10. So now you are wondering what to do with that funny Photo Strip at the top of the page.
First thing to understand: Facebook will display the most recent photo upload in the Photo Strip, whether you added just a new photo to an album, created a new album, or published a photo in a Status Update.
You may have noticed that the photos are automatically cropped to fit into the small thumbnail-sized spaces.
So how can you control the Photo Strip? It’s easy!
1. Select the five photos that you want to appear on your Page all the time.
2. Create a special album for the Photo Strip Photos
3. Re-size all your photos as close as you can get to 97×68 pixels.
4. Upload the photos to the new album (select them all at once instead of one at a time).
5. Do not click “Publish” unless you want your 5 new photos to be published to your fans’ newsfeed. Just click “Skip”
6. Voila, your Photo Strip should look pretty good. You can change the order of the photos in the album, but not on the Page.
7. Now, if you want only the photos in your Photo Strip album to appear all the time, you must hide any new photos that you publish right after you publish them. It takes a bit more time, but it’s worth it.
Remember, with an estimated 132.5 million US web users on Facebook this year; almost 57% of all Internet users are members. So, your Facebook Page is very important. Although most fans won’t go back to your page after they “Like” your page unless you direct them there, Facebook Pages are public and are just as important to your company’s branding as your Website has always been.
To see how the Be Visible page looks now that we’ve worked on the Photo Strip, click here:http://www.facebook.com/BeVisibleAssociates
I’ll be publishing more tips on the new Facebook Business Pages. Stay tuned!