Greetings from the Frozen Tundra (otherwise known as Eastern Long Island)! As our village is digging out from a storm that brought with it 30 inches of snow in one fell swoop, I’m busy here in my office keeping up with the changes in social media that you need to know about.
As you know, social media is a fast-moving and rapidly evolving world and if you don’t keep up, your marketing is going to suffer. But what I love about the social media community is just how generous all the pros are with their knowledge. So I’ve made it my mission to decipher, decode and deliver to you what I learn (because I know you don’t have the time to read a zillion Internet marketing blogs!).
Starting today you’ll receive a list of the most useful and creative social media tips that have come my way during the month. Let me know if you use any of them for your own marketing. Here we go!
The Best Social Media Tips of January 2015
- Keep your Facebook cover photo fresh and make sure it’s consistent with your brand (I have some work to do on mine, yikes!).
- Use emoticons in your Social Media posts to be more popular. OMG! How did I miss this? (from Buffer)
- Create a special Twitter list just for your clients so you can see what they’re up to and keep in touch. I love this one and already started building my list and it’s already working! (from Kim Garst)
- Use Facebook groups to network (this got me thinking about groups and because of that, I may to start a group of my own called Content Marketing Q&A. Would you join it?) (from Social Media Examiner)
- Make your blog headline “tweetable short.” If you want retweets, then leave enough room for RT @xxxxxx! (if that makes no sense to you, you may need my Blogging and Social Media Mastery System. Ask me about it! (from Business Grow)
I want to hear what you love from the list above. Got any to add?