The funniest thing about Twitter is that so many people have a hard time describing it. Last week, in preparation for a talk I am doing today on Social Media, I used Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook and asked my connections: What is Twitter?
I got a ton of responses, which range from humorous to downright angry. I will be posting them as they come through…but here’s a few of my fav’s:
1. Letting your network know information important to you in 140 characters in a real time
2. A powerful outlet for instantaneous communication that is very relevant for all businesses
3. A way to share information or learn about a subject from people who are experts or who are talking about what I’m interested in around the world
4. World’s Biggest Chatroom
5. Both a megaphone and microscope
6. Twitter: Fast facts, opinions and news feed if you follow the right people. Be picky.
7. A readily reliable revolution reporter (Iran)
8. The pursuit of the unmeetable by the ’140-max’ Tweetable.“
9. Potential thumb wrecker
10. Twitter hits the nail on the head… a bunch of birds on a powerline, twittering away. Are others listening? Sometimes! But we’re all on the line together – Ric Dragon